Thursday, January 8, 2009

Teachers and Schools

As I sit on the edge of my chair reflecting and contemplating about many experiences which have molded my attitudes, philosophies and paradigms there is a deeper realization that each person has an incredible story to tell. In the following dissertation I will be sharing with you my professional objectives and plans, and the accounts which have helped me form them.

For many years as a practicing business owner, a father, a minister and husband there has been a set of experiences which have imparted certain truths into my life. These experiences have helped me realize that life is a universal classroom and that it is full of wonderful lessons and sometimes difficult ones. Learning and attaining certain abilities and disciplines has been the “cornerstone” of my educational career. Currently, I am an undergraduate student attending Miami Dade College and majoring in Education. I decided to pursue this profession because I am passionate about the roles that schools play in the formation of young adults and their fields of interest. I regard education as being one of the most important solutions to helping individuals become knowledgeable, effective and vibrant citizens.

In the search of my vocation I have learned that there is nothing like the scenery of a school. Getting up in the early hours of the day, and preparing the materials for class in my leather carrier is motivating. With signs of hope, the classrooms become the fertile environment where my goals are achieved and dreams are fulfilled. As a student, waking up with a new optimism in the air is aspiring, and the thirst for knowledge is stimulating. I have become part of a community of individuals who is seeking to achieve excellence in order to make a difference in our society. These components are some of the factors that have molded my dream of becoming a teacher.
With certain communities suffering from academic achievement, and classrooms filled with teachers who have been burdened by their financial purses. I also continue to see a depreciation and lack of enthusiasm in behalf of the educational system and government, to regard this vocation as a fundamental means of developing our society. It has become my personal mission to help support and assist, in making sure that the next generation of young adults do not surrender and throw away their dreams. The gratification of having helped someone plan and achieve their objectives is priceless. It is my hope that my zeal can become contagious and that I could have, in some way, helped change or shape those in my circle of influence.

My many years of experience in the work force, in schools and subsequently at home has nurtured in me a person who is seeking to help teach and guide students who are looking at the future with enthusiasm, and also for those who are not. Unfortunately, many scientists, doctors, musicians, teachers, and others are being left to drown in the sea of despair because of lack of instruction and concern. In the next twelve months it is my intention to complete my education in Miami Dade College with a bachelor’s in General Education, focusing my efforts in the grades of kinder garden to twelve grades. Completing my masters in communication is also in my agenda, it is my desire that I can attend Florida International University and become part of their list of prestigious alumni. I have every intention of embracing my future students, and imparting in them a spirit of hope, inspiration and achievement which will hurl them to reach for things greater and hire then them.

No comments:

Post a Comment